We are Turning 65 Solutions, a company based in Texas that specializes in Medicare help for seniors. Specifically, we can help you choose and enroll in the best Medicare insurance plan for you.
How to Get Enrolled
There are a few ways you can get enrolled in Medicare. If you’re already getting Social Security benefits and about to turn 65, there is a good chance you will be automatically enrolled in Medicare. If this is the case, you do not have to do anything other than checking your mailbox in the few months leading to your 65th birthday. Be on the lookout because your Medicare card is in a plain envelope and may be mistaken as junk mail. It isn’t junk mail.
For those not automatically enrolled, you can go to a Social Security office in an area near you. Or, you can call them on the phone. The other option is to go on ssa.gov and register there, and that is a process that we can help you with.
The route you choose to go is up to you. But there are some things to take into consideration when choosing your path.
Going to a Social Security Office in Person
Here is what can happen in this case:
- It may be closed because of COVID-19. And then you have the choice to either drive to another office, or consider the remaining options.
- If it’s open, you could be standing in line for 3-4 hours
- That 3-4 hour waiting time may not be worthwhile because some offices are appointment-only. That’s why you need to call ahead first to see if they require this
- You may not be able to make an appointment right away. The next available appointment may not be for another 3-4 months
Calling Social Security (1-800-772-1213)
With this option:
- You could be on hold for a couple of hours. Offices are closing up, which is why the amount of callers is so high
- There’s the issue of the 3-4 month waiting time for an appointment
Enrolling Online at ssa.gov:
- The process is much faster. You can get this done in about five minutes instead of waiting for several hours
- You can reach out to us for help with this step
Reaching Out to Us
When reaching out to us, you can:
- Come to our office and we will sit with you as we plug in all your information, and you can get the Medicare policy you need very fast.
- Call us if you are having trouble enrolling through ssa.gov. We guide you by sharing computer screens and help you enter your information.
- We can also help you enroll during the correct enrollment period and can help you find a plan and insurance company that meets your needs. If you delay your enrollment, you could pay a late enrollment penalty and there might be a gap in your coverage.
If you’re about to become eligible for Medicare, you have some important decisions to make about your healthcare coverage. At Turning 65 Solutions, we can help you begin this process. You can call us at (830) 217-6711 or send an email to email@example.com to get started.