What Does Medigap Plan G cover?
With this plan, almost every out-of-pocket cost that policyholders might have is covered. If they choose to purchase this plan, it comes along with coverage benefits such as:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency
- nursing facility care coinsurance
- Part A hospice care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs
- Medicare Part B copayment
- The first three pints of blood used in an approved medical procedure
It does not cover Medicare Part B’s deductible, and that’s it. Since that lowers the premium, it motivates some Medicare beneficiaries to take that risk. So, before your policy starts to pay for your costs you have to pay your deductible first. A monthly premium is a thing beneficiaries always need to pay if they want that their policy remains active. The average monthly cost, for this plan, is from 100$ to 300$ a month. The premium cost depends on multiple factors like age, gender, and ZIP code, so to determine how much you actually will be, talk with an insurance company agent to get an informed decision.