What Does Medigap Plan G cover?
Medicare Supplement Plan G covers nearly every out-of-pocket cost left behind by Original Medicare. These include:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Part A hospice care copayment
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs
- Medicare Part B copayment
- The first three pints of blood used in an approved medical procedure
It does not cover Medicare Part B’s deductible, and that’s it. Since that lowers the premium, it motivates some Medicare beneficiaries to take that risk.