What Does Medigap Plan L Cover?
In addition to the out-of-pocket limit ($2,940 in 2020), Medicare Supplement Plan L also includes 75% coverage of these benefits:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Medicare Part B copayment
- Part A hospice care copayment
- The first three pints of blood used in a medical procedure
Medigap Plan L also covers all of Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital expenses up to one year after Original Medicare benefits are expired. Because of the percentage of cost-sharing, Plan L policies feature lower premiums than other supplement plans.