What Does Medicare Supplement Plan C Cover?
Medicare Supplement Plan C covers all of the costs associated with:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Foreign travel emergency
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Part A hospice care copayment
- Medicare Part B copayment
- The first three pints of blood used in a medical procedure
- Medicare Part A copayments for inpatient hospital care for up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used up
Due to MACRA, no Medigap plans can cover Part B’s annual deductible, and because of that, it is no longer available for new Medicare beneficiaries.