What Does Medigap Plan B Cover?
Plan B covers all of the health care costs associated with:
- Part A hospital deductible which is 1600$ per each benefit period
- Part A hospice care coinsurance
- The first three pints of blood used in a medical procedure
- Medicare Part B copayment
- Medicare Part A copayments for inpatient hospital care for up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used up
Medigap plan B doesn’t provide the benefits of prescription drug coverage, vision, and dental care.
If you end up having multiple hospitals stays in a year, Medigap Plan B coverage could save you thousands of extra dollars. To see how much you could save with a Medigap policy, speak to licensed Medicare agent Ron Ray. This plan also can be good for policyholders who would like the minimum coverage of out-of-pocket costs at lower cost, because of low monthly premiums. Also, for those who don’t travel abroad, and aren’t worried about their budget because they will still need to pay coinsurance for other services that Original Medicare doesn’t pay 100%.