What Is the Annual Deductible Amount?
The deductible amount for the high deductible version of Plan G exhibits the annual out-of-pocket costs (minus premiums) that a beneficiary has to pay before the policy begins paying benefits. Once the annual deductible of $2,340 is met, you receive the same coverage as a regular Medigap Plan G.
Medigap Plan G High Deductible Coverage
The most important elements of the High Deductible Plan G plan are the benefits you will get and the deductible amount. Your benefits will cover the following:
- The first 3 pints of blood
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Part A hospice care copayment
- Part B copayment and excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency up to plan limits
- Part A coinsurance and hospital costs up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used up
Am I Eligible for Medigap Plan G High Deductible?
If you become eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020, you are able to apply for High Deductible Plan G. If you were eligible for Medicare before January 1, you will not be able to apply for it. Instead, you are eligible for High Deductible Plan F.