Medicare Plans by Turning 65 Solutions


Copayment with Medicare

Do I Have To Pay A Copay With Medicare?

When applying for Medicare, it is important to be aware of all costs associated with the program. There are a variety of costs that you may need to pay, including premiums, copayments, and coinsurance. For more information about Medicare and a breakdown of costs, please continue reading. 

Getting Medicare

Medicare is not a free program, but some parts of Medicare can be acquired at no cost. Before you worry about the costs, though, you should be thinking about enrollment. To get started with Medicare, simply reach out to the Social Security Administration and submit an application. 

If you are already receiving Social Security Disability benefits, this step may not be necessary. People who have paid appropriately into Medicare taxes are often enrolled in Medicare automatically at age 65. To find out if you will be enrolled automatically, or to get help with enrollment, please contact T65 Solutions today. 

Medicare Costs

The primary Medicare plan is called Original Medicare. With Original Medicare, you can expect to pay a Part A premium (if you don’t qualify for premium-free Part A) and Part B premiums. These premiums are a fixed amount that must be paid each month to maintain coverage. 

According to the AARP, Medicare will also require you to pay a share of your medical costs. These are called out-of-pocket costs, and all Medicare plans will have some form of out-of-pocket cost associated with services. 

Some out-of-pocket costs to look out for including the following:

  • Deductibles – A set amount that must be paid before Medicare coverage will kick in.
  • Copayments – A fixed amount that must be paid when you receive a covered service or benefit. An example of a copayment would be a $20 payment made to the doctor at the end of your visit. 
  • Coinsurance – This is a cost that amounts to a percentage of your total medical cost. For example, Medicare Part B typically pays 80% of costs, leaving you to pay the remaining 20%. 

Lower Your Medicare Copay

If you want to reduce your copayments and other out-of-pocket costs, you can do so with a Medicare Supplement Insurance plan. These plans provide Medicare beneficiaries with additional coverage that can be used to pay for many of the costs that remain after Medicare pays their approved portion of health care costs. 

To learn more about these plans, please contact T65 Solutions today. We will help you find a supplement plan that makes your medical costs far more affordable.

Talk To Our Advisors

Feel Free To Reach Out Now